SOUND: A Comics Anthology
Edited by Budjette Tan and Charis Loke
An anthology exploring Singapore through the sounds we all know and make.
Traffic. A crunchy snack. An argument. What does sound look like to you?
Difference Engine's first ever comics anthology gathered writers and illustrators from all around Southeast Asia and challenged them to push the boundaries of depicting the unseen through the medium of visuals and words, while telling stories important to them.
Guest editors Budjette Tan and Charis Loke have put together an intriguing list of stories that showcase the creativity of creators across Southeast Asia — both familiar and new names. In a broad range of genres and topics, this collection of stories is an exciting exploration of what the comics medium is capable of.
- Folk (Paolo Chikiamco & Borg Sinaban)
- The Whispers of the Earth (Amahl S. Azwar & Nadiyah Rizki)
- Hokkien for Beginners (Nicolette Lee)
- Bonus Points (Benjamin Chee)
- Voices and Votes (Ruth Chris De Vera & Rafael Romeo Magat)
- ON : OFF ( Xie Shi Min, Richard Phua, & Xiao Yan)
- Out of Sight ( Jingwei Wong & Soefara Jafney)
- The Cat Who Barks (Bryan Arfiandy)
- Blabber (Bonni Rambatan)
- Softly, Sayang ( Sharon Bong & Leong Yi Zhen)
- Road Trip Radio (Cathlyn Vania)
- Signals (Farid Nad)
- A Call (Nadhir Nor)
Read if you: don't even need audio to hear this video.